Thursday, February 17, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 04 - A Song that Makes you Cry



This song is very near and dear to my heart. It ALWAYS makes me cry. My Mom chose this song to play at her best friend Joanne's funeral. I think it was written as a love song but it describes Joanne and how we all feel about her perfectly. The most poignant line for me is, "Because it feels good even missing ya" because when I think about all the moments with Joanne and start to miss her, I only remember the good ones and missing them so much. Joanne was like a second mother to me. When my parents moved overseas, she let me stay with her. I remember saying "Joanne's house is the only place I would feel comfortable living in." She was loving and kind and strong and a hard worker. She was hilarious and was as much of a pop-culture junkie as I am. I remember watching the VMA's with her and her cracking up at Jimmy Fallon impersonating Enrique Iglesias with a huge mole on his face. When I was a kid she taped all my favourite movies for me (Steel Magnolias, When Harry Met Sally - she always had the good channels) and once she even taped a NKOTB concert. She loved music and was amazing at game shows. Her house was always so cozy and welcoming. She passed away very quickly after battling cancer. Some days it is still a shock to me that she is not here. It seems wrong in so many ways.

I miss her everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment