Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Punta Cana, Dominican Republic 2010

My brother Greg and his long time fiance (like 8 years long) got married on Nov. 12, 2010 in Punta Cana, DR. Our whole family and Bridget's whole family flew down (we had a group of 26 people). It was a beautiful wedding and very special for our family since we haven't all been together for many years now (maybe now I can finally get out of therapy? ha ha jk) I hung out mostly with my cousin Carla and her daughter Mackenzie. We swam, hit the pools and beaches (the waves were ridiculous because of Hurricane Tomas that had just passed through a day before we got there), wave jumping was sooo much fun, you would be standing about 30 feet from shore and a wave would come and the next thing you knew, you were washed up on the sand... We also did an excursion, we took a boat out into the ocean, went snorkelling (not a fan because of the waves - couldn't see anything and it took me 20 mins to swim back to the boat because it was so rough and they made us wear stupid life jackets). Anyway, resorts are not my idea of a vacation but I had fun none the less... I don't think I could ever do a cruise either.. just based on the experience from the resort... so boring after the first two days! Maybe I'm bitter because I don't tan so there's no point of me sitting in the sun! Here are some high lights!









No comments:

Post a Comment