Friday, October 1, 2010

Love Lift Me

Okay so...

I met someone in Ireland a while back. Totally not my "type" but a very interesting person at the very least. I really enjoyed his company at the time and the conversation was so smooth and we were totally in sync. Even so, it was a bit of a surprise when I came back to Dubai and he struck up a very, shall we say, flattering conversation (ie: telling me how amazing I am and how attracted he was). Fellas, let me tell you, if you want this girl to pay attention, all you need to do is bust out the "b-word" and I am all yours. In all honesty, I wasn't interested when I first met him, but only became interested once I found out HE was interested (I'm being honest here!) Anyway, our little flirty-tango went on for about a week, facebook messages back and forth, compliments and semi-innuendos here and there.... and then all of a sudden it stopped. I wasn't offended or upset... just curious. So I messaged him "Hey, where did you disappear to?" No response. I see him updating his status online so clearly he saw my message. Strange. So anyway, that was the last of that but it got me to thinking.... I must admit that as much as I enjoyed our flirtation and as much as I DO want to share my life with someone... I have to say, I am SO FREAKIN GLAD I am not married or tied down to anyone right now. I know that for some, marriage is great and wonderful and works well but for others, it has been disastrous. I've seen some friends recently just crash and burn and it makes me so sad for them, especially since there are kids involved. I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm glad I haven't rushed into anything... I think of myself a few years back, just wanting, yearning and seeking for marriage like it was a destination I was trying to reach. I am so happy that I didn't go down that path and have taken my time to get myself right within myself (not that I'm 100%, to quote John Mayer "I am in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there") I feel like when the time comes and I meet that person, I will be so much more complete and secure in myself that that relationship will have a strong foundation upon which to build. Hopefully, I will recognize the same qualities in the other person and together we can make something beautiful, healthy, productive and real.

No comments:

Post a Comment